Security is one aspect that is neglected by a lot of Magento store owners and developers.
While you are running around growing your business, there could well be someone trying to break in, and if that happens, a profitable peak season can rapidly become a security disaster.
We created a checklist that ensures almost 99% protection from any such attempts to break in.
- Use strong passwords (combination of alphabets, numbers and special characters) and keep changing them regularly.
- Change the Magento admin URL to a non-standard one like ‘/backend-1023’
- Ensure that sensitive information stored in /var directory is not accessible to anyone publicly.
- Download and apply all Magento patches to your store.
- Enable SSL on your website URL’s where transactions are involved.
- Install the WordPress blog (if applicable) to a separate Virtual host.
- Ensure your file and folder permissions are correct.
- Any vulnerable plugins like ‘Magmi’ must be password protected or disabled.
- Regularly scan your Magento store for any malware infection.
- Take regular offsite backups of your files as well as databases.
You May Also Like: A Complete Guide on How to Hire a Magento Developer
Enquire now and join 1000+ businesses who have blitzscaled their websites by choosing ServerGuy as their hosting partner.