Magento 2.3 is yet another addition to the Magento 2 series. It comes with a whole new set of features that will enhance the performance and security of your store.
Magento has seen huge growth in 2018 and with this new upgrade Magento developers are planning to continue their success in 2019.
Let’s see what Magento 2.3 brings for every developer, merchant, and Magento enthusiast:
- Multi-Source Inventory (MSI)
- Progressive Web App (PWA)
- Page Builder
- Cache-Management ACL
- GraphQL Language
- Google reCAPTCHA
- Other Important Features
1. Multi-Source Inventory (MSI)
MSI is a very important upgrade in Magento 2.3 as it gives owners the ability to manage their inventory via multiple sources directly from the admin panel.
It also allows to manage inventory without any third-party extension or platform. Now, stock management in multiple locations will reflect their physical warehouses.
MSI also introduces a new reservation system in which some product quantity will be reserved in stock instead of automatically decrementing inventory when the order is placed. It will help improve the checkout performance.
2. Progressive Web App (PWA)
PWA studio has been added to Magento 2.3 which will allow Magento developers to create reliable and engaging apps. These will run in offline mode and support data caching.
PWA will help bring an intuitive user experience with innovative commerce and CMS theme.
3. Page Builder
Even though Magento is one of the most popular eCommerce platforms, it is not very user-friendly. But after all this time, Magento developer has started working on our problems. A Page Builder has been added to the new Magento 2.3.
In Magento 2.3 Commerce, page builder will be a part of the core code. And in Magento 2.3 Open Source, you will get the option to purchase it.
This page builder will allow you to create new pages, enrich products and categories, and launch content quickly without the need for HTML codes. You can also add media and widgets on the pages easily.
4. Cache-Management ACL
Cache management ACL is another important addition in Magento 2.3. Its new granular admin control allows users to assign access to view and delete store caches. This will prevent any kind of random change to compromise the performance and security of your store.
5. GraphQL Language
GraphQL is a flexible storefront query language for using API which includes headless storefronts. It is an alternative to REST and SOAP API.
This will improve the performance of any Magento store by getting more refined data as there will be fewer API requests. It is focussed on providing faster and predictable presentation results.
6. Google reCAPTCHA
Every new Magento upgrade improves the security of the eCommerce store and Magento 2.3 is no different. It has incorporated reCAPTCHA to protect your site from spam and abuse.
It not only prompts users to tick a box but it also uses advanced risk analysis technique. reCAPTCHA evaluates a broad range of clues to distinguish humans from bots.
Another additional layer of security has been added to Magento 2.3 i.e two-factor authentication. This will make sure that no one can enter your admin panel until they are verified via SMS, Phone call, Access Token, or One Touch.
7. Other Important Upgrades
- Magento 2.3 now supports PHP 7.2 which will lead to higher security, better performance, and new development features.
- Earlier, users had to wait for a significant amount of time while the response was processed. But now in Magento 2.3, asynchronous API will work over a message queue to execute Web API asynchronously. It will allow batch processing which will be an advantage for big sites that get bulk API request.
- A new Declarative DataBase Schema has been introduced. It will allow developers to define database structures and changes in XML files. XML schema files will be converted into SQL statements in Magento 2.3.
- Elasticsearch Updates which was reserved for Magento Commerce only will now be available to Magento Open Source. It will allow store owners to integrate powerful search capabilities like faceted search – filtering by attributes.
- The WYSIWYG or TinyMCE editor is updated from version 3 to version 4 in Magento 2.3.
- Magento 2.4 – Highlights
- What are MySQL Triggers and How to create them?
- Magento 2 Requirements that You Must Take care of
Magento is improving with every new upgrade. To keep up with your competitors we highly recommend you to switch to Magento 2.3.
Our managed Magento hosting will help you in a smooth migration from Magento 1 to Magento 2.3.
Enquire now and join 1000+ businesses who have blitzscaled their websites by choosing ServerGuy as their hosting partner.